Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Up Up and Away

Well, we did it. We took Harper on her first plane ride. My mom and I traveled to Vermont last week for 4 days and Harper decided to tag along. My best friend Valerie's dad lost his battle with cancer after a 7 month fight. He will be missed. This was certainly not what I wanted her first trip to Vermont to be about, however, I think she had a great time seeing where I grew up and meeting all the people that mean so much to me. I'm sure she will be making many more trips to the green mountain state in her life, but she will never have another first time. Harper was, despite my fears, a perfect angel on all the flights. She slept 90% of the time, the other 10% she was easily amused. She was a hit everywhere she went and stirred up quite a crowd at times. Bless her heart, she may be dealing with that all her life.




1 comment:

Mere said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's dad. That is terrible. :(
But I am so glad that Harper did great on her flight! We'll be doing this in about 3 months w/ Savannah, so let's hope she is an angel just like Harper was!