Monday, June 22, 2009

Hooray for Father's Day!

As great as Mother's day was for me, Adam's first Father's day has proven to be just as exciting. We decided, despite a lazy morning and a late start, to go up to the lake again. Last time we went we didn't take the baby, only the dog. This time, with it being Father's day and all, we brought Harper up for her first lake experience. We could not have asked for a better day!! It stayed in the low to mid 80's with a nice breeze all day. We spent the day with the Gipson's at their beautiful lake house. They are good friends of Adam's family and are always very generous with their home. Adam and I spend quite a bit of time there in the summer. They even allowed us to stay in their "Bali Suit" over our first anniversary weekend. It is quite impressive.

I want to wish a Happy Father's Day to the two best dad's I know. I love you dad. I love you Adam. I'm sure Adam and Harper will have as great of a relationship as I do with my dad. I just hope for my sake she doesn't go through a "I want to dress like dad" phase. Sorry mom.

Here are a few pictures to document Harper's debut at Lake Gaston, and Adam's first Father's Day.


Harper wore her surf shirt and board shorts. There's no room for dainty bathing suits when you are planning a day of water sports. Here she is just hanging out on the dock with dad.

Harper is girl with safety on her mind. She knows how important a life jacket is at the lake. She enjoyed wearing it as much as every other kid does. Not much.

Harper spent a little time riding the waves on the jet ski.

She bounced around the wake on the tube.



We even managed to get a little "tummy time" in while we were there. Harper was not too excited about having to work on her vacation.

She was able to catch a few rays before the day was over.

By the time the day was done, so was she. It was a very quiet ride home.

This a picture of the "Bali Suite" at the Gipson's house. This is a view of the bedroom into the bathroom with a HUGE shower and jacuzzi tub.

This was the INCREDIBLE view from the shower, tub, and bed. We had floor to ceiling windows that slid open from one wall to the next. It was like sleeping outside.

No comments: