Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Who knew this was all hidden in the streets of Durham?

I know I've been bad. I've been putting off this blog post for 3 weeks, solely because I was intimidated by the number of pictures to download. I, again, took over 200 pictures and feel that eliminating a single one of them would be detrimental to the integrity of the post. I have cut down as best I can, so on that note...we're off.

The 3 of us took a long awaited trip to the Durham Museum of Life and Science. We have heard several people rave about it and finally tracked down a day we could all go. Neither one of us had ANY idea the magnitude of this place. Unfortunately, we spent a little too much time inside, that by the time we were outside we were on borrowed time with Miss. H. The inside area did have several stations that Harper enjoyed but is far from understanding. The outside however, was spectacular. It had a play area that put all others to sham, and barns set up with all the farm animals straight from the pages her books. Harper was spouting out sounds like nobody's business. There was a moo moo here, and a ba ba there, oink oinks everywhere. We then went into the butterfly house, which was neat, but really more interesting because of the birds running around for Harper to chase. The rest of the day involved seeing wolves, bears, dinosaurs, and even sailed a boat or two.

Though we didn't opt to get the seasons pass, I'm sure we will be making multiple trips back. I don't see Harper getting tired of that place any time soon.





















And........we're done.

1 comment:

The Herrings said...

Glad you all made it to the MLS. I'm impressed you covered all of it in a day! I bet Harper was worn out, but it looks like she had a great time. Let me know if you go back - we'd love to meet you over there and the girls can play together!