Friday, May 14, 2010

Fashion Friday

So I'm going to combine this weeks Fashion Friday with our first lake day this year. I'm breaking my rules a little in that this post will have a little story to it but hey, there's been a lot going on lately. I already missed last Friday because we were in NYC (post to come). I guess I have figured out why no one has a weekly post on Fridays.

Last week, May 2nd to be exact, we all, and by all I mean the dog too, headed up to Lake Gaston to have a day on the boat. We brought Harper on the boat a couple times last summer when she was really little and she seemed to enjoy it. Never a complain of the wind, noise, or bumps. Her only outburst came when we tried to sneak her into the water, a little to cold. She had a life jacket that she wore that was HUGE on her but she toughed it out despite an obvious distaste for it. This year was quite a bit different for our princess. She now has 2 life jackets to wear, the one from last year that fits her pretty well but won't for long, and another one that is just a bit big on her. We tried them both to see which was more comfortable for her and I'm pretty sure the reaction was the same for both, pure and utter hatred. Anyhow, the day went on and we met up with a friend of ours, Kim, at her parents lake house. We all just relaxed on their dock and Harper played in the kiddie pool.

It was a successful first lake day for the family and hopefully, with some more practice, Harper will get her sea legs. Loosing her balance on top of wearing a life jacket was definitely not her idea of a good time.

Not happy!!

Better, but still not her favorite.




And here's where the "fashion" fits into the post.

1 comment:

Meredith Martin said...

I love Harper "steering" the boat and I love Adam's shirt ;)