Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wishing I was back there



What was I doing 3 years ago today?

Well...I was in one of the most amazing places in the continental United States for one, The Jekyll Island Club, Jekyll Island, Georgia. If you haven't been, go, it's FABULOUS. As for what exactly I was doing, that is a loaded question. Starting at around 8 o'clock am I was getting up and ready for my bridesmaids luncheon also to include mothers and grandmothers. From there began the fury that was my wedding day. I don't remember having 30 seconds to rest, what with 6 girls getting ready, pictures, then frantically helping the staff set up (there was no way I was not going to have my hands in every last detail of such an important day.)

Now lets skip on over to where Adam was at this time. He began his day with a round of golf in the morning with all the groomsmen, fathers, etc. Then he headed over to the pool where he and his faithful buddies enjoyed pina coladas and a little vitamin D before getting ready for pictures (which took them about 20 mins by the way.)

All in all, it was a perfect day, with perfect guests, perfect weather and the perfect couple (ha ha).


The best part of the whole weekend was that it was only Saturday and we still had 2 more days to enjoy our guests and the beach. The benefits that come with having your wedding on a holiday weekend.


It was the BEST BEST BEST weekend of my life for so many reasons, number one being because I was marrying my love. Adam, I love you even more today, and I'm so proud of you and all you are doing for us. You are a true inspiration to your friends and family and I am so lucky every day for your love. Keep up your hard work, we are with you all the way.







No comments: