Thursday, May 14, 2009

What a Great Day!

Mother's Day has always been a special day for us to show our Moms how much they mean to us. We all know we should tell them this everyday, but in case we forget, Mother's Day is a gentle reminder. This Mother's Day was admittedly the most meaningful for me. Naturally, it was exciting to be the one appreciated and told how wonderful I am, but this year I had a new appreciation for my own mom. I'm sure that everyone thinks they have the best mom in the world, myself included. The truth of the matter is, I don't care if she is in fact the best mom in the world, she is the best mom for me. We are all different people and require different parenting. I'm sure we are all given our own mothers and our own children for a specific reason. I wouldn't be who I am today if my mom was anyone else, therefore she is the best mother in the world for me. I hope in 30 years, when Harper has children of her own, she will come to this same conclusion. Whether I am the best mother in the world or not, I hope she thinks I was the best one for her.






No comments: