Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Skater Hater

We went ice skating. It was my idea. I thought it would be fun. I'm not going to lie, it didn't go well.

We started out strong. Harper talked about it incessantly for 4 days. She even reminded me as I tucked her into bed..."don't forget to call Grace about skating tomorrow". She was very excited the whole way there, in line to get her skates, putting them on, even walking to the rink (in her skates). As we hit the ice there was some definite hesitation, and a little uneasiness, but she was brave and gave it the ol' college try. We even had some smiles for the first little bit. However, those smiles quickly turned to tears as she realized how difficult it was to actually keep her balance without holding onto me. She was very upset that she couldn't skate around like the other kids or keep up with Grace. She wanted to be out on the ice so bad but did not want me to put her down at all. I guess we will just try again another day. She'll get it, she is MY daughter after all:)










1 comment:

Vangie said...

At least she looks cute on the ice!