Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How many of those moments do you really have in life?

I have had 4 so far.

Everyone wants to achieve their dreams in life, whether that's marriage, a family, a job, or travel. You obviously want these things for yourself. You also want all these things for your family and friends. I am lucky enough to have 2 friends in my life where the line between blood and water is very blurred. Friendships that will never go away, just like family.
As I have been immensely fortunate to have met and married my love (moment #1). Almost 2 years later we welcomed our little Harper (moment #2). Then, just over 2 1/2 years later, our sweet Stratton completed our family of 4 (moment #3). Like I have said before, all indescribable moments that would take my breath away.
Having the same dreams and hopes for my 2 best friends, I was elated when both Emilee and Valerie married, creating their own families.
Though seemingly perfect, there has always been one thing missing. One thing to complete this utopia with in our circle. Something we have all been praying for, wishing for, crying for. Finally, as acceptance started to come for what seemed would not be, so did relief from the constant disappointment, the very miracle so many had been begging and bargaining for...(moment #4).




There are few moments in life that could make me as happy as this news did...3 to be exact.

Congratulations to you Emilee and Mike. This is going to be the most amazing summer to date, and come July, we will all welcome this baby into our hearts like one of our own. Love you and your growing family more than you know :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

This is so sweet, Sarah! I remember how I felt when my best friend told me she was pregnant. I cried and bawled and cried and bawled. Now he is my perfect little almost-one-year-old godson!

Congrats to Emilee! She is going to finally get to take beautiful photographs of her own wee one!

YAY! :)