Tuesday, June 22, 2010

You can say you knew me BEFORE I was famous.

Well...maybe not famous, but very successful at the least. Ok Ok, I'll settle for talented enough that random people want to buy some things and I keep myself busy in the mean time.
This is a project that has been in the works for a long time, and if it weren't for the unconditional support and push by my family, friends and especially Adam, I would never have gotten even this far (and yes, by "this far" I mean one piece).
I am hoping to get to a point of selling some pieces, but as for right now I am focusing on perfecting the technique with several things around the house. Once I get really going I'll be starting a blog specifically for the biz, but as for now, everyone will have to put up with the progress posts.

Thanks so much to everyone who helped me and will continue helping me.




I forgot to take a picture of the table before we started, but I remembered as we started to prime. In this picture you can also see part of the 12'x7' paint booth my dad put up in our garage, and the rolling table that has proved to be a crucial tool.






This table would never have been possible without the keen eye of my friend Lauren. It was a Craigslist find and was perfect for my first project. Thanks so much.

2 comments:

Meredith Martin said...

Yay! It looks so cute finished and I love the staged pic :) Can't wait to see more...

Chiara said...

Love the bright turq! Good choice and keep at it!