Saturday, April 10, 2010

Holidays and new obsessions

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know, I'm forever late on the Easter Post. But I'm getting to it now, and it's still April, so give me that at least. I'm now chasing after a walking one year old so things have been kicked up a notch around here.

So yes, Easter came again this year, and it was even more fun than the last. This is, in fact, the first holiday Harper has experienced twice. It was funny thinking about her last year. How small and quiet she was in church. Easily comforted while sleeping in dad's arms the entire mass. This year... not so much. She did NOT want to be held. Walked along the the kneel space or up on the pew (pugh?) Played with the bibles, her doll, her hair band, and nana's necklace. When these things started to lack their luster, she cried...screamed. She had to be removed from mass TWICE! Have I mentioned how fun this "independent" stage is?

Anyway, lets just forget about all that and jump right into the important stuff like...what she was wearing. Harper, naturally, blew all the other kids out of the water. This is based on our personal opinion of course, there was no actual judging that took place. As I think most of you know, I am not a fru fru kind of mom. I love a big fun hair bow or sparkly pair of shoes, but that is where it ends. Baby Gap has been my haven for the past year. They, in my eyes, could do no wrong. Spring, summer, fall or winter, it's all perfection. I have never walked into that store and been disappointed.
I do believe that I may have found myself a new obsession... Matilda Jane.

This is the absolute cutest clothing line I have ever seen. It's very mismatched and funky, but that is what I LOVE about it. I ordered a dress for Harper from a friend's trunk show. I wasn't expecting to get it before the holiday so it really wasn't even in contention for the big day. When the dress arrived early, and I saw it in person, I WAS ECSTATIC! Not only was it adorable, but it was so different than anything else I had seen. At this point, because I hadn't thought it would be here so quickly, I had not planned the rest of her attire. Luckily, she had the perfect pair of matching shoes and a felt hair flower sitting right in her drawer. Whew! Things just have a way of working out.

After church we spent the day at my parents house, where Kenny and Beth joined us for dinner. We had a fun filled family afternoon, topping it off with some bubbles in the driveway.








5 comments:

Sarah said...

Why am I smiling so weird in the one picture with the bubbles?

Mere said...

OK ... that is just precious. I think I need to check that line out! And let's totally get together and commiserate on how our independent toddlers don't need us anymore, now that they can walk, and all. :)

Meredith M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meredith Martin said...

Oops, deleted my last comment! That outfit is perfection and the "ballet flats" really send it over the top :)

Beth Alderson said...

Love the Easter dress! What a great ensemble that turned out be!!! Harper is so beautiful!!!!