Thursday, July 15, 2010

"I pink I can...I pink I can"

Last month my mom and I walked the Raleigh "Race for the Cure". Emilee was there also with a group from the hospital, so we were able to meet up and walk together. I have a bad habit of not pulling out, and some times not even bringing my camera when I know Emilee will be there with hers. Now naturally her pictures are WAY better than mine would be, however, due to her insanely busy schedule, I am at her mercy as to when I get them. I will say that they are always worth the wait and a late blog post or two isn't the end of the world.
My mom and I have done the walk together every year for the past 10 years or so, but this year we were proud to introduce our little Harper to the tradition. It was, in perfect NC style, 110 degrees that day so Harper was a little on the irritable side at the beginning. Once we got going, and she got a little breeze on her, she passed out and just enjoyed the ride. She was a much happier girl by the end of the race and gave us some great "smile for the camera" shots.












Congratulations to my mom and Missy, who are both survivors of this massively spreading disease. This year marks my mom's 10th year in remission!!

1 comment:

Sister Field said...

Sarah,
Harper is beautiful! I hadn't realized that you and your mom did the race each year. Way to support. his will be a nice memory.
we will see you guys soon. can't wait